In-Home Respite Providers
Pay rate: $13.00/hr
BALANCE4Kids seeks outstanding professionals who are committed to helping young people achieve success, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, look for opportunities to expand their capabilities, and view education as a partnership of students, staff, parents and community.
Each direct care staff person shall be responsible for implementing program curricula, directly delivering individual and group learning experiences to assist each consumer served in obtaining his/her IPP objectives) for which the vendor is responsible.
Respite provider shall maintain data regarding consumer progress, and attend to consumer's basic self help needs and other activities of daily living, including interaction, socialization, and continuation of usual daily routines, which would ordinarily be performed by a family member.
Respite provider must be 18 years old and have TB clearance, current First Aide and CPR Certification and Criminal justice finger print clearance. Any combination of training and experience, which would indicate possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities, listed herein.
- Completion of the 12th grade or the equivalent of a high school education
- Two years of paid or volunteer experience working with consumer in a special education environment
- Two years of college with course work in special education, psychology and consumer growth and development may be substituted for the two years working with consumer.
Please complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you. We are seeking the best applicant for this position and will give time and care reviewing your materials.
Submit a Letter of Application addressing the Qualifications Required.
- The letter must individually address each of the qualifications listed.
- For each qualification, provide specific examples of work experience, accomplishments, and achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform that aspect of the work.
- Each example should include information concerning the setting where the experience was gained.
- Examples should be descriptions of what you have done, not descriptions of how to do the work or statements that you have done the work.
- You may wish to submit a resume with your letter, but it is not a substitute for the letter of application.
- You may submit other information of your choosing, such as work samples or letters of reference.
UPON HIRE: If you are hired, you will need to complete an Employment Eligibility Form and submit documentation to BALANCE4Kids for review and verification to comply with the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act. All offers of hire are contingent upon passing a nation-wide criminal history check. All newly hired employees must complete a probationary period of 90 days following their hire date.